Monday, January 11, 2010

Missing the biblioblog rankings?

Missing the regular updates on the Alexa rankings of biblioblogs that used to appear on Jim West's now deleted blog? Thought not. Well, in the unlikely event that you are, Jeremy at the Free Old Testament Audio Website blog has kindly stepped into the breach and has got the whole process automated. The NT Blog and the NT Pod seem to have fallen down the list since days of old, but I am in good company further down the list, so I'm not complaining (much).

6 comments:

Tim Bulkeley said...

I was astounded to see your position (and some others) I suspect this is evidence that the system needs tweaking in some way as some results seem anomalous...

Mark Goodacre said...

Thanks, Tim. There are lots of anomalies there, but I suppose it is interesting to see which blogs appear to be popular, at least according to Alexa.

J. L. Watts said...

We are attempting to go through and make sure that all links are working correctly, etc... The new system uses a script to grab the numbers, so over the next few weeks, we'll try to test the system

Mark Goodacre said...

Sounds good. Must admit that I had missed the fact that the BBT50 had done a runner last week. I wish people wouldn't do that!

J. L. Watts said...

If other people are any indication, perhaps will see a redivivus.

Mark Goodacre said...

I doubt it -- I think there's a difference between Jim and TAFKANTW. The NT Wrong blog never came back whereas Jim always returns, usually quite quickly.