Sunday, June 05, 2005

Normal service will be resumed . . . .

. . . . as soon as I have at least made some dent on the hundreds of emails that have accumulated, and so on.

I had a great week away. I'll comment on the "working" part of the holiday later. The restful part, the other six-sevenths, was every bit as good as I had hoped, except that the sun did not shine as much as I would have liked, and that I only got one pasty all week. For those who have asked the question, I meant Cornish Pasty, a delicious meat and vegetable filled bit of pastry, a delicacy of Cornwall, and not women's lingerie or breast implants. You'll find a particularly fantastic one at the southern most part of main-land Britain, the Lizard, Ann's Famous Pasties.

4 comments:

Stephen C. Carlson said...

IIRC, you can also find pasties with that meaning in the Upper Penisula of Michigan.

Michael said...

The first pasty I ever had was with Mark. I was disappointed when no lingerie was included.

Whit+ said...

Mark, Glad you had a good vacation. My wife, the children and I are heading to Montana to visit her family at the end of the month. Montana is also pasty country. The best is Joe's Pasty Shop in Butte - although my mother-in-laws are pretty good.

Whit+ said...

Here is a link to Joe's...
http://www.coppercity.com/joespasty/temp_index.htm